BURBANK, CA (July 18, 2019) – Batman Beyond, the landmark animated television collection that illuminated the imagination of a new era of Batman followers with its creation of an altogether new hero, is celebrating its 20th anniversary – and also you get the present! Warner Bros. House Entertainment has remastered the heralded collection for its first-ever presentation on Blu-ray™ in the all-encompassing Batman Beyond: The Full Animated Collection Restricted Edition, arriving on Digital ($49.99 SRP USA, $59.99 SRP Canada) beginning October 15, 2019 and in a shocking box set ($99.99 SRP USA, $119.99 SRP Canada) on October 29, 2019. Distribution in Canada shall be day-and-date with the USA, Pre-orders at the moment are out there.
The extraordinary Batman Beyond: The Full Animated Collection Limited Edition package deal options approximately 1,500 minutes of leisure unfold over 4 Blu-ray™ discs, plus the two bonus discs of enhanced content material. As well as to a newly-remastered Blu-ray presentation of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, there are 15 featurettes on the bonus discs, highlighted by two new inside seems at the beloved television collection, led by Nostalgic Tomorrow, a gathering of Batman Beyond manufacturing talent and forged led by government producer Bruce Timm and actors Kevin Conroy and Will Friedle, the voices of Batman and Terry McGinnis, respectively. The bonus discs also highlight four episodes with audio commentary from Timm and select members of the production staff.
Collectibles inside the beautiful packaging embrace an exclusive chrome Batman Beyond Funko POP, and 4 beautifully-designed lenticular artwork playing cards produced particularly for Batman Beyond: The Full Animated Collection Limited Edition. This final collectors Blu-ray field set will probably be individually numbered for a Limited Edition release of 50,000.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Batman Beyond premiered on January 10, 1999 to prompt scores and important success. The collection would run for 3 seasons, overlaying 52 complete episodes and a full-length animated movie, Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. Nominated for nine Emmy Awards, Batman Beyond would finally take house two Emmys – together with Outstanding Special Class Animated Program in 2001 – in addition to three Annie Awards.
Of the 52 unique Batman Beyond episodes, 41 have been fully-remastered from both their unique 35mm film supply or the unusual format “OCND,” the original digital camera damaging digital (a digital scan of unique unfavorable). Strains and determination have been enhanced, and mud and dust have been removed – nevertheless, cell dust stays to not disturb the unique picture. Included in the remastering was the removing of grain, resulting in enhanced colors. The remastering course of does cause a slight facet ratio change (approximately three% loss of display image).
Due to time-worn irreparable injury, the remaining 11 episodes have been “Smart Rezzed” from commonplace definition Digibeta video. The process offers for vital enhanced decision and improvement of the original source material in changing from commonplace to excessive definition, although it does sacrifice horizontal strains for clearer image and shade illustration. While still a marked improvement over the original video, viewers will notice a slight difference between the Remastered and the Up-Rezzed remaining footage. The 11 affected episodes are: “Eyewitness,” “Final Cut,” “The Last Resort,” “Armory,” “Sneak Peek,” “The Eggbaby,” “Zeta,” “Plague,” “April Moon,” “Sentries of the Lost Cosmos” and “Speak No Evil.”
The artistic group behind the breakthrough animated collection was headed by the manufacturing quartet of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett and Glen Murakami, alongside government producer Jean MacCurdy and associate producer Shaun McLaughlin. Shirley Walker composed the award-winning rating with the Dynamic Music Companions trio of Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Carter and Michael McCuistion, while 8-time Emmy Award winner Andrea Romano guided a powerful collection of actors as casting/dialogue director. Butch Lukic, Dan Riba and Curt Gida directed nearly all of episodic animation together with James Tucker, Kyung Gained Lim and Yukio Suziki. Main story editors and writers on the collection have been Burnett and Dini with Bob Goodman, Wealthy Fogel, Hilary Bader and Stan Berkowitz.
The Batman Beyond forged was spearheaded by Kevin Conroy, the fan favorite voice of The Darkish Knight as established in the landmark Batman: The Animated Collection. Will Friedle (Boy Meets World, Kim Attainable) created the character of Terry McGinnis, Batman’s protégé. Veteran voiceover actresses Cree Sumner (Codename: Youngsters Next Door, Drawn Collectively) and Lauren Tom (Pals, The Joy Luck Club, Futurama) have been collection regulars as Max and Dana Tan, respectively.
The visitor forged included a healthy collection of movie and primetime tv stars spanning from Academy Award nominees Paul Winfield, Stockard Channing, William H. Macy, Teri Garr and Michael McKean; Emmy Award winners John Ritter, Wayne Brady, Seth Green, Tim Curry, David Warner and Patton Oswalt; Golden Globe winners Stacy Keach, Amanda Donohoe and Jill Eikenberry; 4 Grammy Award winners led by Ice-T; and five members of the Hollywood Stroll of Fame – Macy and Ritter along with George Takei, Michael Ansara and Mark Hamill. The forged additionally included legends of the leisure business and a number of other younger actors heading toward stardom, like Adrienne Barbeau, Kate Jackson, Angie Harmon, Linda Hamilton, Clancy Brown, Gary Cole, Ed Begley Jr., Wendie Malick, Cary Elwes, Olivia Hussey, Kurtwood Smith, Robert Patrick, Ian Ziering, CCH Pounder, Frank Welker, Johnny Galecki, Pauley Perrette, Michael Rosenbaum and Diedrich Bader.
All totaled, the Batman Beyond forged featured actors with laurels totaling five Academy Award nominations, 47 Emmy Awards, 206 Emmy nods, four Gold Globe Awards, 45 Golden Globe nominations, three Grammy Awards and nine nominations, and five actors perpetually enshrined with stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
“Batman Beyond elevated the animated adventures of The Dark Knight to even greater heights, providing an edgier, faster-moving, more contemporary take on crime-fighting in Gotham with an inspiring new character in Terry McGinnis,” stated Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Residence Leisure Vice President, Family & Animation Advertising. “Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has long known the fans’ desire to see this series come to Blu-ray, and we’re excited to finally have the technology to elevate the quality of the original assets to an exquisite high-definition presentation packaged with compelling collectibles in a limited edition set, especially as fans celebrate Batman’s 80th anniversary this year.”
Batman Beyond: The Complete Animated Collection Limited Edition Enhanced Content
Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Lots of Batman Beyond’s core production group and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animate collection. Be a part of producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visible and visceral celebration of the Darkish Knight’s 80 years of crime preventing, narrated by storytellers of the previous, current, and future.
“Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a brand new Dark Knight for modern occasions.
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Function-Size Movie) – The beloved hit animated movie from 2000 is included in the box set – absolutely remastered on your enjoyment.
Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for 4 key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
Featurettes – A dozen inside seems on the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.
- Rebirth, Pt. 1
- Rebirth, Pt. 2
- Black Out
- Lifeless Man’s Hand
- The Profitable Edge
- Disappearing Inque
- A Contact of Curare
- Commentary on the episode “Rebirth, Part 1” by producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini & Glenn Murakami and director Curt Geda.
- Audio Commentary on episode “Shriek” by producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Paul Dini & Glen Murakami, director Curt Geda and author Stan Berkowitz
- “Music of the Knight” – producer Bruce Timm introduces a function permitting access to key scenes from Batman Beyond, accompanied by the compelling rating created for the collection.
- “Inside Batman Beyond – Meet the Creators” – producers Alan Burnett, Bruce Timm, Glen Murakami and Paul Dini talk about the artistic course of behind Batman Beyond and its inaugural season. Jason Hillhouse moderates.
- Batman 80th Anniversary Collection trailer
- Earth Mover
- Misplaced Soul
- Hidden Agenda
- Once Burned
- Hooked Up
- Mind Games
- Terry’s Good friend Dates a Robot
- Commentary on the episode “Splicers” by producers Bruce Timm and Glen Murakami, storyboard artist James Tucker, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano and Will Friedle, the voice of Terry McGinnis/Batman
- Ultimate Minimize*
- The Last Resort*
- Sneak Peek*
- The Eggbaby*
- April Moon*
- Sentries of the Last Cosmos*
- The place’s Terry?
- Ace in the Gap
- Commentary on the episode “The Eggbaby” by producers Bruce Timm & Glen Murakami, director James Tucker, Producer Glen Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano and Will Friedle, the voice of Terry McGinnis/Batman
- “Inside Batman Beyond: The Panel” – An in-depth dialogue with producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Glen Murakami and Paul Dini as season two of Batman Beyond is explored with moderator Jason Hillhouse.
- King’s Ransom
- Massive Time
- Out of the Past
- Converse No Evil*
- The Call, Pt. 1
- The Call, Pt. 2
- Curse of the Kobra, Pt. 1
- Curse of the Kobra, Pt. 2
- “Inside Batman Beyond: Season 3” – A captivating dialogue on season three of Batman Beyond with producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Glen Murakami and Paul Dini.
- “Inside Batman Beyond Season 3: Close-Up On…” – producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, administrators Butch Lukic and James Tucker, and voice actor Will Friedle talk about their favourite moments amongst final-season episodes.
- “Inside Batman Beyond Season 3: Out of the Past” – producers Bruce Timm & Paul Dini, director James Tucker and voice actor Will Friedle sit down collectively to speak about “The Legend of Batman” musical (which appears in this episode) and different memorable moments.
- “Inside Batman Beyond Season 3: The Call, Part 1” – producers Bruce Timm & Paul Dini, director Butch Lukic and voice actor Will Friedle collect to talk about the extra heroes and the thrilling action showcased in this episode.
- “Inside Batman Beyond Season 3: The Call, Part 2” – producers Bruce Timm & Paul Dini, director Butch Lukic and voice actor Will Friedle speak concerning the look of Starro and Superman in this episode.
- “Inside Batman Beyond Season 3: Curse of the Kobra, Part 1” – producers Bruce Timm & Paul Dini, director James Tucker and voice actor Will Friedle reminisce concerning the private relationships that highlight the story of this episode.
“Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering” (All-New Featurette) – Nostalgia strikes prefer it’s 1999. Seated on the table are the Batman Beyond Workforce: producers Bruce Timm & Glen Murakami, actors Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle, director James Tucker, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, and writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz. Care to be a part of us for a chat?
“Knight Immortal” (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Darkish Knight’s 80 years of crime preventing, narrated by storytellers of the previous, current, and future.
“Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (All-New Featurette) – Storytellers discover the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the younger hero as he mentors a new Darkish Knight for modern occasions.
“Gotham: City of The Future” – A Close-Up Take a look at Gotham Metropolis Circa 2039, the modernization and the inspirations for its high-tech design and large scale.
“The High-Tech Hero” – Batman Beyond storytellers talk about the evolution of the new Bat Go well with and its futuristic design and capabilities.
“Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics” (Documentary) – The Story of DC Comics and the rise of the Tremendous Hero mythology as a zeitgeist in American pop culture.
“Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” – Remastered for Blu-ray, the heralded animated function film spawned by the Batman Beyond collection is included on a separate bonus disc in the field set.
*=Due to supply material, episode decision was enhanced (up-rez) as an alternative of remastering.
Road Date: October 29, 2019
Order Due Date: September 24, 2019
Run Time: 1,500 minutes
Blu-ray Box Set Worth (USA): $99.99 SRP
Blu-ray Field Set Worth (Canada): $119.99 SRP
Catalog #: 1000739345 / 883929666812
Languages: English and French